We are a membership-based non-profit organization with more than 400 members from all over the country. We look forward to your support!
Your membership supports the Society in many activities:
- collecting, preserving, interpreting and making accessible the history of Fitchburg
- cataloging our collections into a computerized system for greater accessibility
- developing interactive, hands-on educational programs with Fitchburg students
- redesigning our building to better use the space and create handicapped accessibility
All Members receive:
- Free use of research library
- 10% discount at Society Museum Shop
- Quarterly newsletters
- Invitations to special events
Members may also volunteer at the Historical Society. Volunteers are a critical part of our organization – cataloging items into our computer database, assisting researchers find information they need, welcoming patrons, and helping organize the collections. We invite you to join us. You will surely learn some pretty neat things about old-time Fitchburg and of course you’ll have fun too. We look forward to seeing you!
There are three levels of membership:
- Individual – great for a budding historian or anyone who likes to research in our library occasionally and receive updates on events in our seasonal newsletter.
- Family – include up to three immediate family members, for those who wish to share a membership with others getting involved with local history, genealogy and research.
- Sustaining – our highest level, for those who want to see their membership dues go toward funding long-term projects such as the creation of new, state-of-the-art, storage facilities in our building.
Click the links below to view PDFs of our Membership Applications: