- PHOTOCOPY RATES: $0.15 per page here, $0.25 per page for mailed items.
- RESEARCH BY STAFF: There is a $20 per hour fee for research conducted by museum staff, estimated by the quarter hour. Research fees apply whether or not any relevant information is found. If you have a limit on the amount of time you want to pay for, please let us know. We will include the bill with the results of the research.
For genealogy research, the Fitchburg Historical Society Research Library contains:
- City directories
- Biographical files & obituaries for notable residents
- Industry & business archives
- Fitchburg newspapers from 1844 – 1976
- Subject files
- Vital records for Fitchburg and North Central towns up to 1851
- Revolutionary War and Civil War documents
- War of the Rebellion: Records of the Union and Confederate Armies
- Cemetery records
We do not have birth, death, or marriage certificates. For those, we suggest you contact the Fitchburg City Clerk at the City Hall, 166 Boulder Drive, Fitchburg, MA 01420. Their telephone number is 978 829-1820. Be prepared to provide the names and dates of the persons you are researching to order a copy of a certificate. It is usually helpful to call ahead so the form will be ready for you. All forms are $5.00 each.